Industry - Aerospace
A successful manufacturing company had been exporting its product overseas to Europe and the USA for a number of years. A change in personnel resulted in problems with the company's export control processes and they was given a non-compliance by the Export Control Officer with action and correction to be in place by the time of the next audit.
My services were employed to:
- strengthen the export control procedures,
- train commercial and operational staff
- embed the new procedures into the company's normal operations
- undertake three monthly audits
- to correct the non-compliance in time for the next audit by ECO
I examined the existing status of the company's procedures, current knowledge base of staff and concerns of the ECO. I undertook the following actions:
- I re-wrote the export control procedures to tie up the links between the despatch and commercial services department regarding manufacture of products.
- The correct export licences were obtained for each product to the required country.
- The contract acceptance procedure was strengthened to ensure that the correct export control requirement was properly addressed as soon as an order was accepted.
- A database tracking the product was put in place to show the number of products ordered by a given customer, against which order, how many had been despatched and the quantity which had export licence cover.
- A red flag system was put in place in the despatch department to ensure that the products could not leave the factory
- Procedures were put in place for export controls of technology transfers
- The automated despatch paperwork was amended to record the appropriate export licence.
- Training was given to the key staff regarding the new procedures.
- Audits took place on a three monthly basis over a nine month period.
Feedback from the client:
"Kim was part of the team securing a vital multi million pound seven year sales contract. Kim acted as Commercial Manager responsible for contract drafting making sure revision and submission deadlines were met.
Kim helped maintain the impetus both with our team and the customer's team.The result of Kim's efforts were improved terms and a smoothly run process. In addition to this was her eye for detail and her experienced understanding of the contract we are delighted with her work and the results of same"
Interested to hear what we can do for you? - Contact us today!